The Waterlase Biolase is a revolutionary dental device that uses laser energy and water to perform many traditional dental procedures with less anesthetic. We have incorporated this phenomenal technology in order to expand our clinical capabilities and transform the dental experience for our patients. The laser beam sterilizes and therefore the need for local anesthetic is minimized.
Lasers are Used to Treat:
• Gum disease: there is less bleeding, swelling and discomfort. Scalpels and stitches are often eliminated.
• Tooth decay: Lasers are used to remove decay often times without anesthetic.
• Cosmetic purposes: recontouring gum tissue to reduce a “gummy smile” or reshaping of gums tissue.
• Minimally invasive procedures for orthodontics such as frenectomies with minimal anesthetic
• Teeth Whitening Laser whitening is extremely efficient and the amount of time of an in-office whitening has decreased to approximately 20-30 minutes.
• Biopsy Procedures
• Other procedures
Advantages of Lasers:
• faster healing times
• less bleeding during the procedures, less swelling after
• minimal use of the drill, therefore less noise and less anxiety
• less post-op pain and therefore less or no pain medications